An Indian judge has banned media coverage of the trial of five men accused of raping a 23-year-old woman who later died from injuries sustained in the assault. Two of the men will plead not guilty to all charges.
- The nomination of John Brennan, Obama's pick for CIA chief, could be disrupted by Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas), who is threatening to block the nomination until investigations into leaks from the White House are completed.
- The Eurozone unemployment rate is at a record high of 11.8 percent.
- Retired Gen. McChrystal is worried about how drone strikes are perceived around the world, saying that the wide use of UAVs is fueling anti-American sentiment.
- Former New Mexico Governor Bill Richardson and Google Executive Chairman Eric Schmidt are trying to secure the release of an American tour guide being detained in North Korea.
- Protests against censorship in China have continued for the second day.
Have a news tip? Send it to us!