A.M. Links: Indian Judge Bans Media Coverage of Rape Trial, Senator Threatens to Block Brennan Nomination, Eurozone Unemployment Hits Record High, McChrystal Warns Against Overusing Drones, Protests Against Censorship Continue in China
An Indian judge has banned media coverage of the trial of five men accused of raping a 23-year-old woman who later died from injuries sustained in the assault. Two of the men will plead not guilty to all charges.
- The nomination of John Brennan, Obama's pick for CIA chief, could be disrupted by Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas), who is threatening to block the nomination until investigations into leaks from the White House are completed.
- The Eurozone unemployment rate is at a record high of 11.8 percent.
- Retired Gen. McChrystal is worried about how drone strikes are perceived around the world, saying that the wide use of UAVs is fueling anti-American sentiment.
- Former New Mexico Governor Bill Richardson and Google Executive Chairman Eric Schmidt are trying to secure the release of an American tour guide being detained in North Korea.
- Protests against censorship in China have continued for the second day.
Have a news tip? Send it to us!