A.M. Links: Boehner May Be Facing Leadership Cliff, Jobless Claims Up 10K This Week, Israel Bans Skinny Models
The fiscal cliff deal's done nothing to rein in runaway spending, but it may have made John Boehner's hold on the Speaker's gavel more tenuous.
- New jobless claims jumped to 372,000 last week.
- Christina Kirchner, Argentina's president, writes to the British prime minister, David Cameron, demanding the Falkland Islands be surrendered.
- Chinese censors appear more interested in shutting down social media than websites that sell guns and drugs.
- Meanwhile in France, the socialist president promises to keep pushing more taxes on the wealthy.
- Israel has set a minimum Body Mass Index of 18.5 to work as a model in the country.
Follow Reason on Twitter and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
Have a news tip? Send it to us!
The updated Reason app for Apple and Android now includes Reason 24/7!