The David Petraeus aftermath continues. Dianne Feinstein, the chair of the Senate's Intelligence Committee, wants an investigation as to why they were not told about the FBI investigation into the affair. Some members of Congress still want Petraeus to testify about the Benghazi consulate attack.
- Thanks in part to fracking, the United States could become the world's largest gas and oil producer within a decade.
- Petitions have appeared on the White House web site for 20 separate states to be allowed to secede from the union. Those expecting an official response are encouraged not to hold their breath, regardless of the White House's own guidelines.
- The man who does the voice of Elmo of Sesame Street has stepped down amid allegations of a sexual relationship with a 16-year-old boy. Kevin Clash admitted to the relationship but said the boy was actually a consenting adult.
- An employment agency hiring for storm relief in New Jersey pulled out, citing unnamed "aggressive" incidents. Nearly 1,000 people showed up looking for work. Sounds like some didn't want to take "no" for an answer.
- The ever-useless Los Angeles City Council has voted to make every Monday "Meatless Monday" to encourage less meat consumption. The pizza I will be eating in response today will have both sausage and bacon.
Have a news tip for us? Send it to: email@example.com.