Romney's transition team, the "Readiness Project," is reportedly preparing to move carefully at the beginning of a putative Romney administration, managing expectations on the economy and being pragmatic about Obamacare.
- Mitt Romney himself, meanwhile, sang "America the Beautiful" with Meatloaf.
- It's all relative in West Virginia. The governor and the senator running for re-election in that state are both Democrats but neither has yet publicly endorsed Barack Obama.
- The Libertarian Party has filed Gary Johnson as an official write-in candidate in case they lose their legal battle against Republicans to get Johnson on the ballot.
- CNN founder Ted Turner offered to Piers Morgan that the rising number of suicides among military service personnel (more this year than the number of combat deaths) was a good thing because it brought attention to the war, but it's only seemed to bring attention to the fact that Turner said it was a good thing soldiers were committing suicide.
- A task force set up by Governor Rick Scott has recommended tuitions be adjusted to be higher at higher tier schools and within schools lower for science, technology, engineering and math majors. There but for the grace of government…
'Everything Has Been Criminalized,' Says Neil Gorsuch as He Pushes for Stronger Fourth Amendment Protections
The justice weighs in during oral arguments in Lange v. California.
Sandy Martinez says that fine, along with another $63,500 for driveway cracks and a downed fence, violates Florida's constitution.
The proposed bill from Assembly Members Evan Low and Cristina Garcia would require stores to have one unisex section for children's products and apparel.
SCOTUS Rules Against an Innocent Man Who Was Choked and Beaten by Cops, but He May Still Get His Day in Court
The justices did not address one of James King's key arguments, which the 6th Circuit will now consider.
Plus: The Republican Civil War has ended before it began, Mr. Potato Head rage is misplaced, and more...