Heckler's veto wins in New York City: New Metropolitan Transit Authority guidelines will block ads they think will "imminently incite or provoke violence." Do Old Navy ads count?
- An audit of the country's main banks shows that Spain would need 59.3 billion euros (that's $76.3 billion) in order to ride out its current economic downturn.
- Dozens of inmates have escaped from an Iraqi jail in Kikrit. Ten policemen were killed and al-Qaeda is suspected of involvement.
- The United States Postal Service will default for the second time this weekend, unable to meet its obligations to fund in advance the health benefits for retirees.
- The United Nations has a whole list of potential global taxes various interests would like to pursue. Read about it now or wait for it to show up in e-mail forwards.
- The ACLU lost its bid to get documents describing CIA interrogation methods following the 9/11 attacks released. A judge accepted the government's arguments that the records are sensitive to national security.
- A poll by Fox News has President Barack Obama ahead by five points over Mitt Romney.