Federal investigators have closed the abuse of power investigation of Maricopa County's Sheriff Joe Arpaio without filing any charges.
- At least two Americans were injured in a suicide attack on a U.S. consular vehicle in Pakistan.
- A double suicide bombing outside a U.S. base in eastern Afghanistan killed at least 17 and wounded two, while the U.S. has suspended training the Afghan Local Police after a spate of attacks by uniformed Afghans on U.S. and NATO forces.
- An imam in Pakistan is accused of planting burned pages of the Quran in a disabled Christian teen's book bag, causing her to be subject to charges of blasphemy, which carry the death penalty there.
- Israel removed settlers from Migron in the West Bank because the settlers built their homes on private Palestinian property without a permit.
- Mitt Romney apparently invited Clint Eastwood to speak at the RNC personally, while President Obama says he's a huge fan of the actor and director's work and wasn't offended by his remarks at the RNC.
- The Rev. Sun Moon, founder of the Unification Church and the Washington Times, died this weekend at 92