- GOP wins governors mansions in Virginia, New Jersey, loses congressional seat in New York.
- Maine voters repeal law allowing gay marriage; votes to legalize medical marijuana.
- New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg spends $100 million, ekes out a narrow win.
- CIA dutifully fulfills Freedom of Information Act request . . . 20 years later.
- Bill Clinton, George W. Bush to face off in a debate at Radio City Music Hall.
Recent data from Minneapolis show an increase in shooting crimes but not other crimes, the same pattern as in Chicago in 2016. The likely reason is a reduction in police street stops, just as in Chicago in 2016.
Narcissists, Psychopaths, and Manipulators Are More Likely To Engage in 'Virtuous Victim Signaling,' Says Study
Plus: Protesters sue over alleged mistreatment by arresting officers, a new ruling on robocalls, and more...
Dallas Cops Who Joked About Pinning a Man to the Ground Until He Stopped Breathing Get Qualified Immunity
The decision vividly illustrates how the doctrine shields police from accountability for using excessive force.
I was one of the 153 signers and am a veteran of the Twitter wars. But even I was taken aback by the swift, virulent response.