The Week in Brief
- John McCain and Barack Obama got interrupted by Tom Brokaw, a lot.
- Connecticut destroyed marriage and Western civilization.
- George McGovern joined the vast right-wing conspiracy.
- John McCain really, really wanted you to care about Bill Ayers.
- So, do you own stocks? Oh, too bad.
- Bob Barr started looking better amid the financial ruins. (And the latest Georgia polls show the state tightening up again.)
Below the Fold
- Robert Stacy McCain says last rites for John McCain's campaign.
- Norman Mailer muddles through the politics of the 20th century (and a bit of the 21st).
- The Open Debate Coalition demands a non-terrible Obama-McCain face-off.
- Sean Quinn pummels Michael Barone (who weirdly asserts that Obama's ground game is no better than Howard Dean's).
- Some smart people (including Kerry Howley!) tell McObama what to say.
Ian Anderson's got Politics 'n' Prog taken care of this week. I think he's previewing the next McCain ad about Obama.