- constitutional amendment legalizing medical marijuana. In other news, the home of the wheelchair-bound Florida woman for whom the state’s proposed medical marijuana bill was named has been raided by law enforcement. A poll shows that 70 percent of Floridians support a
- A Government Accountability Office report concludes that the Affordable Care Act has the potential to add $6.2 trillion to the federal government’s deficit.
- By the time you read this, Chuck Hagel may have been confirmed as Defense secretary. The Senate Finance Committee has approved Jack Lew as Treasury secretary. He faces a full Senate vote sometime in the future.
- The most recent news about sequestration is that you’re not paying attention to the most recent news about sequestration.
- In the event you actually are paying attention to sequestration news, immigration officials have released a bunch of detainees to save money. The released immigrants still face deportation hearings.
- A federal court will rule this week if former Sen. Larry “Wide Stance” Craig violated the law when he used campaign funds to defend himself against charges of soliciting sex in an airport bathroom.
Have a news tip for us? Send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow Reason 24/7 on Twitter: @reason247