The Volokh Conspiracy
Mostly law professors | Sometimes contrarian | Often libertarian | Always independent
I am happy to pass along an announcement from the Fund for American Studies. You can apply here.
The TFAS Summer Law Fellowship in Washington, D.C., is an intensive nine-week program that aims to prepare law students to defend the values and ideals of a free society rooted in individual liberty, limited government, free enterprise and constitutional originalism.
Through this immersive academic and professional experience, participants will engage in legal internships, academic coursework, networking events and career development sessions, as well as a law and public policy lecture series with leading constitutional scholars, judges and practicing attorneys.
Those selected to participate in the Fellowship program will receive a full scholarship covering tuition, housing and program fees. Awards are highly selective – only 25 students will be selected to participate each year.
Two-credit hour course on Constitutional Originalism through the Antonin Scalia Law School at George Mason UniversityThe Fellowship consists of the following major components:
- Guest lectures and panel discussions on salient issues in law and policy
- Thoughts from the Bench discussion series with prominent federal judges
- Site briefings at key legal institutions and courts
- Professional development seminars and networking events to enhance your career prospects and help you graduate practice-ready
- Attorney Mentor Program designed to help students navigate the Washington legal community during and after the program
- Legal internships with private law firms, lobbying firms, public interest legal organizations and legal departments of trade associations, corporations and government agencies throughout the Washington, D.C., area. (Fellows are encouraged to find their own legal internship, but TFAS staff is available to assist those not able to secure a position on their own)
2022 PROGRAM IMPORTANT DATES
Application Deadline: Feb. 25, 2022
Notification Deadline: March 4, 2022
Enrollment Deadline: March 11, 2022
Program Dates: May 26 – July 29, 2022
APPLICATION AND ADMISSIONS
Applications for the 2022 TFAS Summer Law Fellowship are open. The deadline to apply is Feb. 25, 2022. Selected Fellows will be notified via email on March 4, 2022. For admissions information and application instructions, please visit our Summer Law Fellowship admissions page.
Questions about the Summer Law Fellowship may be directed to TFAS staff at legal@TFAS.org.