The Volokh Conspiracy
Mostly law professors | Sometimes contrarian | Often libertarian | Always independent
Thanks to a generous grant from the Stanton Foundation, and to the video production work of Meredith Bragg and Austin Bragg at Reason.tv, I'm putting together a series of short, graphical YouTube videos -- 10 episodes to start with -- explaining free speech law. Our first two videos were "7 Things You Should Know About Free Speech in Schools" and "The Three Rules of Hate Speech and the First Amendment"; our third, just released today, is "Fake News and the First Amendment":
We'd love it if you
- Watched this.
- Shared this widely.
- Suggested people or organizations whom we might be willing to help spread it far and wide (obviously, the more detail on the potential contacts, the better).
- Gave us feedback on the style of the presentation, since we're always willing to change the style as we learn more.
Please post your suggestions in the comments, or e-mail me at volokh at law.ucla.edu.
Our next video, which we hope to get out in three or four weeks, will be on the right of publicity and "life story rights"; future videos in the series will likely include most of the following, plus maybe some others:
- Alexander Hamilton: free press pioneer.
- Free speech at college.
- Free speech on the Internet.
- Money and speech / corporations and speech.
- Speech and privacy.