The original lineup is back! Matt Welch is joined by Katherine Mangu-Ward, Peter Suderman, and Nick Gillespie to discuss the U.S. exit from Afghanistan and the FDA's full approval of Pfizer's vaccine. All this and more, on The Reason Roundtable.
Discussed in the show:
1:33: The U.S. military's withdrawal from Afghanistan.
23:30: The FDA fully approves the Pfizer vaccine. Does that mean employers can mandate the vaccine?
36:32: Weekly Listener Question: Why so glum, chums?
51:03: Weekly media recommendations.
This week's links:
- "America's Disastrous Drug War Is Finally Unravelling" (video)
- "George Hotz: From Self-Driving Cars to Robots That Cook and Clean" (video)
- "Plastic, Perfected," by Ronald Bailey
- "Impending Defeat for the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse," by Ronald Bailey
Send your questions to email@example.com. Be sure to include your social media handle and the correct pronunciation of your name.
- Living in a digital age where your personal data are always under attack, your online privacy seems to be a thing of the past. Did you know there is a way to protect your information and privacy without worrying about Big Tech mining and stealing your private data? Introducing Sekur—an encrypted instant messaging and secure email service hosted in Switzerland, where the world's strictest data privacy laws are applied. Take back your privacy and online security with Sekur by going to Sekur.com.
- If you feel something interfering with your happiness or holding you back from your goals, BetterHelp is an accessible and affordable source for professional counseling. BetterHelp assesses your needs and matches you with a licensed therapist you can start talking to in under 24 hours, all online.
Audio production by Ian Keyser
Assistant production by Regan Taylor
Music: "Angeline," by The Brothers Steve