Whew! That was one heckuva webathon. We originally set our goal at $200,000. When we met that goal before the halfway mark, we knew it was going to be a good year. But you surprised us again and on the final day, we blew past $370,000 for an incredible finish. Thank you for your support of our work!
Last year, your webathon donations made possible stories like these top hits:
- Robby Soave's debunking of the media narrative about the Covington Catholic kid
- Eric Boehm's infuriating story of the Michigan man whose home was seized after he underpaid his property taxes by $8.41
- Zuri Davis' reportage about the huge NYPD pot bust that turned out to be a bunch of legal hemp
- Elizabeth Nolan Brown's exposé on the Justice Department memos that reveal the truth about the Backpage.com investigation
- Lenore Skenazy's sickening account of the parents who got hit by SWAT after they ignored a doctor's advice because their 2-year-old was feeling better
- Damon Root's analysis of Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh's originalist bona fides
- J.D. Tuccille's peek at the failures of New Zealand's gun control scheme
- Matt Welch's scoop on Rep. Justin Amash's departure from the GOP
…and much more!
Please check in at Reason.com, sign up for our newsletters, read the print magazine, sign up for our podcasts, and follow us on Twitter and Facebook to get the most out of your generous donation. And if you didn't quite get around to donating before the deadline—well, give as soon as you see this post and we might even sneak you some of that sweet, sweet swag if you ask nicely—but your donations are tax-deductible year-round.
Start your day with Reason. Get a daily brief of the most important stories and trends every weekday morning when you subscribe to Reason Roundup.