In Austin, Texas, two men were injured after a package on the side of the road exploded, possibly because of a trip wire. This is the fourth strange explosion in two weeks, and authorities believe they are all connected.
- Scot Peterson, the Marjory Stoneman Douglas school resource officer accused of failing to confront alleged mass shooter Nikolas Cruz, previously attempted to have him involuntarily committed to a mental health facility. It's not clear why this recommendation, which would have prevented Cruz from being able to purchase firearms, was never acted upon.
- Some millennials aren't bothering to save for retirement because they hope socialism will replaced capitalism by then, according to Salon.
- Oregon judge suspended for refusing to marry gay couples.
- A Washington, D.C. city council member thinks the Jews are responsible for recent bad weather.
- Students celebrate St. Patrick's Day by worrying about cultural appropriation.