President Trump lifts his spirits with a visit to baby border wall prototypes in California.
- Recently fired Secretary of State Rex Tillerson snubs Trump in his outgoing address. Current CIA director Mike Pompeo has been tapped to take over the position.
- Meanwhile, Trump's pick to replace Pompeo, Gina Haspel,played a major role in the agency's torture program.
- U.N. human rights investigators point the finger at Facebook for fueling violence against Rohingya Muslims in Myanmar by allowing for the dissemination of hateful rhetoric.
- California and the EPA clash over state-level fuel economy standards.
- New Zealand mulls a ban on home sales to foreigners.