The Dow Jones Industrial Average plunged after President Donald Trump announced the United States will establish new tariffs on steel and aluminum imports.
- A Massachusetts man has been charged with sending a threatening letter with white powder in it to Donald Trump Jr. and sending additional threatening letters to others, including Democratic Michigan Sen. Debbie Stabenow and actor Antonio Sabato Jr., who is running for Congress in California as a Republican.
- French prosecutors are charging right-wing nationalist political leader Marine Le Pen with "distribution of violent images" for tweeting pictures in 2015 showing violent executions by the Islamic State, She is not pro-ISIS, obviously. She was attempting to illustrate that the French government isn't doing enough to protect citizens.
- Related: The European Union is considering a rule that would require social media platform to remove "terrorist-related material" within an hour of being notified. Yeah, that's going to end up getting abused a lot.
- Ford has selected Miami as a test site for its self-driving vehicle fleet, prompting all sorts of "jokes" about how it will make driving safer there.
- Housing and Urban Development Secretary Ben Carson is now trying to cancel the $31,000 dining room furniture order that got him all sorts of bad publicity.