President Trump recommended his personal pilot, John Dunkin, to head the Federal Aviation Administration.
- The Communist Party in China amended the Constitution to remove term limits on the presidency, opening the door for Xi Jinping to serve for life.
- A 7.5 magnitude earthquake hit Papua New Guinea, cutting communications channels and interrupting oil and gas operations.
- At least 4 people died in an explosion in England.
- Flooding in Cincinnati as the Ohio River crested more than 60 feet.
- The Weinstein Company is filing for bankruptcy after sale talks fall apart.