President Trump called Oprah Winfrey "very insecure" after she conducted a 60 Minutes group interview about the Trump presidency, and said he hoped she would run so that he could "expose" her too.
- Former Trump aide Richard Gates is expected to plead guilty and agree to testify against Paul Manafort.
- A Democratic assemblywoman in California spotlighted in Time's #MeToo Person of the Year feature has been accused of sexual misconduct in her office.
- Russia condemned American backing of Kurdish forces in Syria, saying the U.S. was "playing with fire."
- More corruption arrests were made in Israel of members of Benjamin Netanyahu's inner circle.
- Some political observers say Justin Trudeau was "snubbed" by India Prime Minister Narendra Modi after the Canadian prime minister was greeted by a junior agricultural minister upon his arrival.
Sex offender registries are cruel and unjust.
Critics say the long-running satiric cartoon has created "a generation of boys" who are smug and disengaged.
Plus: Virginia's assault weapon ban gets shot down, Trump's tariffs face new legal scrutiny, and why you don't want Amy Klobuchar on your bar trivia team
American Heart Association Journal Finally Retracts Study Implying That E-Cigarettes Cause Heart Attacks Before People Use Them
The journal's editors recognized the problem before publication, but the authors failed to address it.