President Donald Trump reportedly referred to his chief of staff John Kelly as "another nut job here who thinks he's running things."
- A tsunami warning was issued this morning for Alaska after a magnitude 7.9 earthquake occurred the Gulf of Alaska.
- Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi spoke out in favor of free trade at the World Economic Forum in Davos, saying the "forces of protectionism are raising their heads against globalization."
- "Turkey seeks to avoid any clash with Syrian, Russian or U.S. forces during its operation in northern Syria but will take whatever steps it needs for its security, Turkey's foreign minister was quoted as saying on Tuesday."
- Naomi Parker Fraley, the woman who served as the model for the famous World War II "Rosie the Riveter" poster, has died at age 96.
- The 2018 Oscar nominations will be announced today.
"She's a favorite of the Russians and they have a bunch of sites and bots and other ways of supporting her so far."
The company says it will sell only tobacco, mint, and menthol pods unless and until the FDA officially approves other varieties.
Chicago Teachers Go on Strike to Demand Higher Pay, Smaller Class Sizes, New Schools, More Staff, and Affordable Housing
More than 300,000 students in Chicago were out of school on Friday as the teachers strike continued.
San Francisco Falafel Shop Owner Says Neighborhood Has Enough Falafel, Asks City to Block Rival Falafel Shop Next Door
San Francisco gives its Planning Commission nearly unlimited discretion to deny or condition permits, making life hell for business owners.