Lawyers for President Donald Trump have sent a cease-and-desist letter to former Trump adviser Steve Bannon over Bannon's "disparaging" comments about the president and his family.
- "In the second excerpt published from Michael Wolff's new book, the journalist paints a portrait of a President Trump who is increasingly repeating stories, cannot recognize old friends, and is viewed by his closest allies as 'incapable of functioning in his job.'"
- Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe says North Korea poses the biggest threat since World War II.
- French President Emmanuel Macron says his government will battle "fake news."
- A magnitude 4.5 earthquake struck the San Francisco Bay Area early this morning.
- A massive snowstorm is expected to hit the northeastern U.S. today.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter, and don't forget to sign up for Reason's daily updates for more content.