In his Christmas homily, Pope Francis said the story of the Nativity was echoed in today's refugee crisis, and that Jesus came to give everyone their "documents of citizenship."
- President Trump is spending the Christmas holiday in Mar-a-lago, where he called troops stationed overseas and also tweeted some junk.
- Real Washington Post headline: "In a pro-Trump town, they never stopped saying 'Merry Christmas'"
- A federal judge ruled an unidentified American the U.S. military is detaining in Iraq as an enemy combatant had to be granted access to a lawyer immediately.
- Sen. Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.) says Trump is "inviting" a Republican challenger in 2020.
- A package of manure was sent to Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin's house in Bel Air.
- The president of Guatemala announced his country would also be moving its embassy in Israel to Jerusalem.
- Google Street View engineers caught the migration of millions of red crabs to Christmas Island, and will post the video next year.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter, and don't forget to sign up for Reason's daily updates for more content