The Federal Reserve raised its benchmark short-term interest rate for the third time this year.
- The White House said after a missile test was "not the time" for talks with North Korea a day after Secretary of State Rex Tillerson suggested the U.S. was ready to negotiate without pre-conditions.
- Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer has filed a police report over a fake document purporting to show a sex harassment court filing.
- Former Apprentice contestant Omarosa Newman will be leaving her position at the White House.
- A record 262 journalists are in prison around the world this year, according an annual census by the Committee to Protect Journalists.
- The Screen Actors Guild announced the SAG Awards nominees.
- Three Florida men seen dragging a shark in a viral video have been charged with animal cruelty.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter, and don't forget to sign up for Reason's daily updates for more content.