Police have released video of the sting that found Oklahoma Republican state Sen. Ralph Shortey in a motel room with an underage boy whom he had paid for sex. Shortey opened the door in a shirt referencing a Bible verse about wives submitting to their husbands.
- TIME magazine has named "The Silence Breakers" as the "Person of the Year."
- Mammograms deserve little if any of the credit for reductions in breast-cancer deaths, suggests a new study.
- Introducing the U.K.'s insane new porn regulations.
- The House Intelligence Committee chairman plans to file a contempt resolution against top FBI and Justice Department officials "as quickly as possible."
- "In the most illuminating part of last week's House subcommittee hearing on the Allow States and Victims to Fight Online Sex Trafficking Act (FOSTA, H.R. 1865), Tennessee Bureau of Investigation special agent Russ Winkler explained how he uses online platforms—particularly Backpage—to fight online sex trafficking," notes the Electronic Frontier Foundation.
American Thinker says its claims about Dominion Voting Systems were "completely false."
Biden's Recovery Plan Would Extend the Federal Government's Extraordinary Eviction Ban Through September 2021
Eviction bans were enacted as an emergency public health measure. They’re quickly becoming a permanent policy.
Frightening events create openings for attacks on civil liberties.
Trump Administration Puts 13th Prisoner to Death as Justice Sotomayor Blasts 'Breakneck Timetable of Executions'
The Department of Justice rushes to prevent mercy before a new administration can take over.