"Everyone is freaking out." How the Trump White House reportedly reacted to yesterday's indictments of Paul Manafort and Rick Gates.
- "Mr. Mueller almost certainly knows more than he is willing to reveal at this stage."
- According to Facebook, Russian-backed content was viewed by an estimated 126 million Americans on Facebook during the 2016 election.
- President Trump is expected to name Jerome Powell as the next chair of the Federal Reserve today.
- Defense Secretary Jim Mattis says that "a new AUMF is not legally required to address the continuing threat" of terrorism.
- Happy Halloween! Here's a selection of Reason's best writing on zombies, vampires, ghosts, and other eldritch horrors.
It took a jury 26 minutes to decide that Jonathan Vanderhagen wasn't guilty.
A court ruled that officers did not have enough information to know whether or not stealing violates the Constitution.
Jonathan Vanderhagen believes a judge doomed his son to an early death. The judge says Vanderhagen's Facebook posts were intimidating.
Appeals Court Rejects Qualified Immunity Claim by Dallas Transit Cop Who Arrested a Photographer for Taking Pictures
Officer Stephanie Branch arrested Avi Adelman for criminal trespass even though he was not doing anything illegal.