"Everyone is freaking out." How the Trump White House reportedly reacted to yesterday's indictments of Paul Manafort and Rick Gates.
- "Mr. Mueller almost certainly knows more than he is willing to reveal at this stage."
- According to Facebook, Russian-backed content was viewed by an estimated 126 million Americans on Facebook during the 2016 election.
- President Trump is expected to name Jerome Powell as the next chair of the Federal Reserve today.
- Defense Secretary Jim Mattis says that "a new AUMF is not legally required to address the continuing threat" of terrorism.
- Happy Halloween! Here's a selection of Reason's best writing on zombies, vampires, ghosts, and other eldritch horrors.
The former vice president's vision of an all-powerful government goes far beyond massive spending and tax hikes.
The Supreme Court weighs police shootings and unreasonable seizures in Torres v. Madrid.
Lawmakers are bribing citizens with a tiny tax break in exchange for the power to jack up income tax rates down the line.
The Hunter Biden story has exposed the media's selective skepticism.