- Hurricane Maria has knocked out power in all of Puerto Rico.
- A federal lawsuit accuses police in Columbus of exhibiting a pattern of excessive force against black residents.
- A dispute over a speeding ticket in Iowa reaches the state's Supreme Court.
- Researchers in Germany claim right-wing U.S.-based online accounts are "meddling" in the elections there.
- The president of Catalonia accused the Spanish government of suspending the region's autonomy as the national police raided multiple regional government offices and arrested 14 senior officials.
- A magnitude 7.1 earthquake hit Mexico City.
- "End-of-life chatbot can help you with difficult final decisions"