President Trump heads to his first United Nations summit in New York.
- Hurricane Maria is following the same path as Irma, headed toward the Caribbean and increasing in strength.
- Riot police broke up a protest in St. Louis over a cop acquitted of murder they said turned violent after dark.
- Human Rights Watch is calling for sanctions against Burma for its treatment of the Rohingya Muslim minority.
- Alec Baldwin won an Emmy for his impersonation of Trump on Saturday Night Live.
- A six-person research team ended eight months of isolation in a Mars-like habitat in Hawaii.
Under fire for refusing to support Tara Reade, Milano says she never thought #MeToo would "destroy innocent men."
Not every apparent violation of a quarantine order is a risk to other people, and not all need to be (or can be) enforced equally.
The state has shut down all liquor stores, leading customers to crowd into retailers across the border.
Mass Antibody Testing in This Rural Colorado County Sheds Light on COVID-19's Prevalence and Lethality
The number of Americans who have been infected by the virus, which seems to be much higher than the official tally suggests, is crucial to understanding how deadly it is.