"President Trump struck a deal with Democratic congressional leaders on Wednesday to increase the debt limit and finance the government until mid-December, blindsiding his own Republican allies as he reached across the aisle to resolve a major dispute for the first time since taking office."
- Hurricane Irma has devastated the Caribbean islands of St. Martin and Barbuda. The storm is currently on track to hit Florida on Friday night.
- Gas stations in south Florida are running out of fuel as residents evacuate before Hurricane Irma's possible arrival.
- Attorneys general from 15 states and the District of Columbia have filed a federal lawsuit aimed at stopping President Trump from rescinding Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, also known as DACA.
- "The officer at the center of controversy over his treatment of a Utah nurse was told not to worry about obtaining blood from an unconscious car crash victim in the hospital, but tried anyway, Logan Police Chief Gary Jensen told CNN Wednesday."
- South Korean Prime Minister Lee Nak-yon says North Korea is expected to launch another intercontinental ballistic missile "on September 9."