President Trumpbacked a proposal by congressional Democrats to hike the debt limit for three months' worth of spending.
- Trump says miltary action isn't his "first choice" on North Korea, while Dennis Rodman offered to "straighten things out" between Trump and Kim Jong-Un.
- The bribery trial of Sen. Robert Menendez (D-N.J.) opened today.
- Hurricane Irma is in the Caribbean and headed for Puerto Rico.
- Seattle Seahawks defensive end Michael Bennett says police in Las Vegas pointed a gun at him and used excessive force, and that he is considering a lawsuit.
- A candidate for mayor in Charlotte included "white" as one of her qualifications, apologizing after being rebuked by the local Republican Party.
- Police in Atlanta shot and killed a roaming tiger.
"She's a favorite of the Russians and they have a bunch of sites and bots and other ways of supporting her so far."
The company says it will sell only tobacco, mint, and menthol pods unless and until the FDA officially approves other varieties.
Workers say they've had their hours cut and lost other benefits, such as health insurance. If only someone could have predicted that.