The rain in Texas from what's left of Hurricane Harvey is shattering records and will continue for several days. Louisiana also faces some very heavy rains.
- Now that he's been pardoned, will ex-sheriff Joe Arpaio challenge Arizona Republican Sen. Jeff Flake for his Senate seat? Trump and Flake notably do not see eye-to-eye.
- A business associate of President Donald Trump boasted back in 2015 about ties with Russian President Vladimir Putin that would help Trump get a hotel built in Moscow and that would help Trump win the presidency. There's no actual evidence, though, that this guy actually accomplished anything.
- So there was a guy who claimed he got stabbed simply because somebody thought he looked like a neo-Nazi. Now police say he made up the story after accidentally cutting himself.
- Amazon has wasted absolutely no time slashing the hell out of prices at Whole Foods on its very first day of ownership.
- A nurse in Germany is suspected to have been responsible for killing more than 80 people with overdoses of heart medication. He's already in prison for two murder convictions.
The former vice president's vision of an all-powerful government goes far beyond massive spending and tax hikes.
Lawmakers are bribing citizens with a tiny tax break in exchange for the power to jack up income tax rates down the line.
The Supreme Court weighs police shootings and unreasonable seizures in Torres v. Madrid.
The Hunter Biden story has exposed the media's selective skepticism.