The rain in Texas from what's left of Hurricane Harvey is shattering records and will continue for several days. Louisiana also faces some very heavy rains.
- Now that he's been pardoned, will ex-sheriff Joe Arpaio challenge Arizona Republican Sen. Jeff Flake for his Senate seat? Trump and Flake notably do not see eye-to-eye.
- A business associate of President Donald Trump boasted back in 2015 about ties with Russian President Vladimir Putin that would help Trump get a hotel built in Moscow and that would help Trump win the presidency. There's no actual evidence, though, that this guy actually accomplished anything.
- So there was a guy who claimed he got stabbed simply because somebody thought he looked like a neo-Nazi. Now police say he made up the story after accidentally cutting himself.
- Amazon has wasted absolutely no time slashing the hell out of prices at Whole Foods on its very first day of ownership.
- A nurse in Germany is suspected to have been responsible for killing more than 80 people with overdoses of heart medication. He's already in prison for two murder convictions.