Defense Secretary James Mattis arrived in Turkey after visiting Iraq and Jordan to discuss ongoing military operations.
- A Saudi-led airstrike on a hotel in Yemen killed at least 35 people.
- Police in Denmark have identified a headless torso found in the water as that of journalist Kim Wall, who they believe was killed on board a homemade submarine.
- A concert in the Netherlands by the rock group Allah-Lahs was canceled after a terror threat.
- The prefecture of Miyagi in Japan has pulled a tourism video accused of being sexually suggestive and sexist.
- A 14-year-old was arrested in Saudi Arabia after a video of him dancing the macarena in a city street went viral.
- The mayor of Florence apologized for yelling out "Allahu akhbar!" at a terrorism conference in Italy.
- Taylor Swift is releasing a new album.
Start your day with Reason. Get a daily brief of the most important stories and trends every weekday morning when you subscribe to Reason Roundup.