Defense Secretary James Mattis arrived in Turkey after visiting Iraq and Jordan to discuss ongoing military operations.
- A Saudi-led airstrike on a hotel in Yemen killed at least 35 people.
- Police in Denmark have identified a headless torso found in the water as that of journalist Kim Wall, who they believe was killed on board a homemade submarine.
- A concert in the Netherlands by the rock group Allah-Lahs was canceled after a terror threat.
- The prefecture of Miyagi in Japan has pulled a tourism video accused of being sexually suggestive and sexist.
- A 14-year-old was arrested in Saudi Arabia after a video of him dancing the macarena in a city street went viral.
- The mayor of Florence apologized for yelling out "Allahu akhbar!" at a terrorism conference in Italy.
- Taylor Swift is releasing a new album.
The mainstream media are channeling Dr. Zaius, the elitist orangutan from Planet of the Apes, who hid dark secrets out of misguided paternalism.
The New York Times Wonders Aloud If Tulsi Gabbard's Anti-War, Anti-Establishment Message Makes Her a Stooge for Nazis and Russian Bots
The article ignores Gabbard's arguments for a less interventionist foreign policy, preferring to speculate about foreigners and fascists.
Trust in the media is at historic lows.
Tulsi Gabbard Called Out Mainstream Media, Both Parties, Democratic Candidates for Supporting Disastrous Regime Change in the Middle East
"As president I will end these regime change wars."
James called Trump a "bum," but he won't utter a single bad word about China's authoritarianism.