President Donald Trump is planning a massive troop surge to fight the Taliban in Afghanistan.
- Sen. Rand Paul: "The mission in Afghanistan has lost its purpose and I think it is a terrible idea to send any more troops into that war."
- President Trump is scheduled to hold a campaign-style rally today in Phoenix, Arizona.
- According to a U.N. report, two shipments from North Korea to a Syrian chemical arms facility have been intercepted in the past six months.
- Younes Abouyaaqoub, the suspected driver in the Barcelona terror attack, was shot and killed by Spanish police yesterday.
- "India's Supreme Court on Tuesday ruled a controversial Muslim instant divorce law unconstitutional, a landmark victory for Muslim women who had long argued that it violated their right to equality."
A former staffer says he sexually assaulted her in 1993.
The Scandinavian country is betting against draconian restrictions and in favor of the free movement of people and goods.
No, British Epidemiologist Neil Ferguson Has Not 'Drastically Downgraded' His Worst-Case Projection of COVID-19 Deaths
But he has raised his estimate of the virus's reproduction number, which implies a lower fatality rate than his research group initially assumed.
Plus: civic dynamism on display, Justice Department embraces home detainment of federal prisoners, and more...
That's a huge concern as forecasters expect the U.S. unemployment rate in the months to come to surpass that seen during the depths of the Great Depression.