A.M. Links: Trump Plans Troop Surge in Afghanistan, North Korean Shipments to Syrian Chemical Arms Facility Intercepted
President Donald Trump is planning a massive troop surge to fight the Taliban in Afghanistan.
- Sen. Rand Paul: "The mission in Afghanistan has lost its purpose and I think it is a terrible idea to send any more troops into that war."
- President Trump is scheduled to hold a campaign-style rally today in Phoenix, Arizona.
- According to a U.N. report, two shipments from North Korea to a Syrian chemical arms facility have been intercepted in the past six months.
- Younes Abouyaaqoub, the suspected driver in the Barcelona terror attack, was shot and killed by Spanish police yesterday.
- "India's Supreme Court on Tuesday ruled a controversial Muslim instant divorce law unconstitutional, a landmark victory for Muslim women who had long argued that it violated their right to equality."