The United States will experience the first total solar eclipse over the country in nearly 40 years.
- President Trump will address the nation on the war in Afghanistan tonight; he is expected to announce a troop surge.
- Mudslides in Sierra Leone have killed almost 500 people.
- North Korea threatened a "second Korean war" over planned U.S.-South Korea computer simulation war games.
- Ten sailors are missing after the U.S.S. John S. McCain collided with a merchant vessel off the coast of Singapore.
- Police in Barcelona are still looking for the alleged driver behind last week's van attack.
- Comedians Dick Gregory and Jerry Lewis died over the weekend.
The mainstream media are channeling Dr. Zaius, the elitist orangutan from Planet of the Apes, who hid dark secrets out of misguided paternalism.
The New York Times Wonders Aloud If Tulsi Gabbard's Anti-War, Anti-Establishment Message Makes Her a Stooge for Nazis and Russian Bots
The article ignores Gabbard's arguments for a less interventionist foreign policy, preferring to speculate about foreigners and fascists.
Trust in the media is at historic lows.
Tulsi Gabbard Called Out Mainstream Media, Both Parties, Democratic Candidates for Supporting Disastrous Regime Change in the Middle East
"As president I will end these regime change wars."
James called Trump a "bum," but he won't utter a single bad word about China's authoritarianism.