Making it clear that President Donald Trump's tweets technically don't count as policy changes, the chairman of Joint Chiefs of staff sent out a memo to military leaders telling them there will be no changes to the current policy on how transgender troops are to be treated.
- The head of the Boy Scouts is apologizing for the political rhetoric Trump brought up in his speech at their National Jamboree. Frankly, it's never too early for children to learn that politicians are the worst.
- Officials are investigating Mississippi police officers who fatally shot a man over the weekend after serving a search warrant at the wrong address.
- Vladimir Putin says the sanctions bill against Russia currently under consideration by Congress is "illegal under international law."
- Here's the latest on what's in the "skinny repeal" of the Affordable Care Act. It includes the individual mandate repeal and defunds Planned Parenthood for one year. It does not repeal ACA's medical device tax.
- One person died and seven were injured when a ride at the Ohio State Fair broke apart during operations. All the rides at the fair are now closed for inspections.
Portland's Northwest Film Center pulls film from summer drive-in schedule after critics say it promotes "school-to-prison pipeline."
Senate Republicans' $1 Trillion COVID-19 Relief Bill Includes Billions for New Fighter Jets, Attack Helicopters, and Missiles
Much of the military spending in the GOP's HEALS Act replaces funding that was redirected to pay for Trump's border wall.
The fatal encounter demonstrates why police reformers want more departments to train officers in de-escalation.
"Environmental humanism will eventually triumph over apocalyptic environmentalism."