President Trump complained on Twitter that Republicans weren't doing enough to "protect" him.
- Trump is reportedly open to signing legislation that would limit his power to ease sanctions against Russia.
- Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer characterized Democrats as too "namby-pamby" in 2016 and said he'd unveil a new Democratic agenda today.
- An anti-capitalist Museum of Capitalism is opening, temporarily, in Oakland, complete with a gift shop.
- A wildfire in California can be seen from space.
- The feline mayor of Talkeetna, Alaska, has died.
- Michael Phelps "raced" a number of sharks to kick off Shark Week.
- Jordan Spieth won the British Open.
Biden's Latest Round of Student Loan Debt Forgiveness Is an Indictment of Federal Higher Education Subsidies
Thirty-five years after Bill Bennett sounded the alarm about student loan defaults, we still haven't learned a damn thing.
In 2018, the Republican said family separations were "tragic and heart-rending."
But the appeals court wasn't having it.
Rules range from absurd to appalling without respect for civil liberties or basic logic.
A new survey of students' free speech attitudes has both encouraging and worrying findings.