The Senate's draft replacement for the Affordable Care Act was unveiled this morning. Peter Suderman analyzes the legislation here. Republican Sens. Rand Paul (Kentucky), Ted Cruz (Texas), Mike Lee (Utah), and Ron Johnson (Wisconsin) have already stated they do not support the legislation as written.
- After Bloomberg reported from sources that President Donald Trump does not actually have tapes of his private meetings with fired FBI Director James Comey, Trump tweeted that he didn't make any recordings himself.
- The Supreme Court ruled today that the United States cannot revoke citizenship for naturalized citizens who lie to U.S. officials on matters unrelated to gaining citizenship.
- There are secret prisons in Yemen where suspected militants are tortured and grilled. Literally grilled, as in burned, not just heavily interrogated. The United States knows about the prisons and has interrogated suspected militants there, but officials say they were unaware of any torture going on at the sites, run by United Arab Emirates.
- The man who brought a gun into a D.C. pizza parlor subject to a bizarre political pedophile conspiracy theory known as "Pizzagate" has been sentenced to four years in prison.
- Carrier, the air conditioner company who Trump dealt with to keep jobs here in America, is reportedly preparing to lay off 600 people and ship jobs to Mexico anyway.
The mainstream media are channeling Dr. Zaius, the elitist orangutan from Planet of the Apes, who hid dark secrets out of misguided paternalism.
The New York Times Wonders Aloud If Tulsi Gabbard's Anti-War, Anti-Establishment Message Makes Her a Stooge for Nazis and Russian Bots
The article ignores Gabbard's arguments for a less interventionist foreign policy, preferring to speculate about foreigners and fascists.
Trust in the media is at historic lows.
Tulsi Gabbard Called Out Mainstream Media, Both Parties, Democratic Candidates for Supporting Disastrous Regime Change in the Middle East
"As president I will end these regime change wars."
James called Trump a "bum," but he won't utter a single bad word about China's authoritarianism.