- North Carolina Republicans introduce the "Uphold Historical Marriage Act" in an attempt to ban same-sex marriages in the state.
- The Trump administration will lift its federal hiring freeze beginning today.
- Melania Trump has won her suit against U.K. newspaper the Daily Mail over its publishing allegations that she had been an escort.
- The capital of California may go marijuana-business free if a proposed Sacramento County law passes. But Code Enforcement officers say they're not cops and don't want to be tasked with leading this new weed war.
- Iowa is moving to criminalize posting, emailing, or texting a sexually-oriented photo or video of someone who has not given their consent.
- More research suggests that obesity, high blood pressure, diabetes, and high cholesterol up Alzheimer's disease risk.
- "When is a naughty photo between teens a modern form of flirting, and when is it child pornography?" Colorado lawmakers debate.
- A new Nevada bill sponsored by Sen. Pat Spearman (D-North Las Vegas) "would expand Nevada's sex trafficking laws to include not just those actually trafficking young people but to what she described as all the participants."
- A realty company reported tenants to the police after discovering too many condoms in a clogged drain, prompting an investigation that ended in prostitution and money laundering charges.