At least 4 people are dead and 20 injured in London after an attacker used a car to run people over and then stabbed several others, including a police officer.
- House Intelligence Chair Devin Nunes (R-Calif.) said federal authorities had collected via surveillance private information from and about the Trump transition team "incidentally."
- Secretary of State Rex Tillerson announced U.S. troops would remain in Iraq after the defeat of ISIS in order to prevent a resurgence.
- President Trump signed the first authorization bill for NASA since 2010; it includes a long-term goal of sending humans to Mars by 2030.
- On the third day of the Neil Gorsuch hearings, Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) says he's open to voting in favor of the Supreme Court nominee.
- Pepsi is withdrawing two-liter bottles and six-packs from Philadelphia in the wake of that city's soda tax.
- Gong Show host Chuck Barris died aged 87.