Remember how the University of California, Berkeley, was forced to shut down its massive online library of free lectures in order to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act? Well, life finds a way.
- Over at Mic, I took the pro-free speech position in a debate about Middlebury madness.
- Cornel West and Robert George issued a joint statement in support of free speech on college campuses. Applauds wildly.
- Today in weird Kurt Eichenwald news.
- Mother Jones's Kevin Drum explains why Mulvaney's Means on Wheels comments weren't all that cruel.
- At the University of Arizona, if you are offended, you should say "ouch."
Republicans and right-leaning independents have turned rapidly against higher ed.
Nonmedical use of prescription analgesics did not become more common, but it did become more dangerous.
Forensic experts claim there is no way Larry Swearingen raped and killed Melissa Trotter. The state is still putting him to death.
The Founders Were Flawed. The Nation Is Imperfect. The Constitution Is Still a 'Glorious Liberty Document.'
As part of its ambitious “1619” inquiry into the legacy of slavery, The New York Times revives false 19th century revisionist history about the American founding.
You can literally wear your principles on your sleeve while baffling facial recognition technology.