A federal judge in Hawaii temporarily suspended President Trump's new travel ban. At a campaign rally in Tennessee where he praised Andrew Jackson as his hero and a reflection of him, the president called the decision "judicial overreach."
- Republican House Intelligence Committee Chair Devin Nunes says there's no evidence the Obama administration wiretapped Trump Tower, but President Trump says he'll have more on the claim soon.
- Sen. John McCain accused Sen. Rand Paul of "working for Vladimir Putin" for opposing the accession of Montenegro into NATO.
- The Interior Department plans to rewrite a 2015 anti-fracking rule.
- Netherlands Prime Minister Mark Rutte appears set for a second term after his party finished first in parliamentary elections.
- A report by the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia accused Israel of imposing an "apartheid regime" on Palestinians.
A trivial encounter between two irate grocery shoppers becomes a viral story, then a hate hoax.
But the campaign workers complaining about their union-negotiated salaries are being hypocritical too.
Fans of the state's new Chick-fil-A law should take a look at the anti–Boycott, Divestments, and Sanctions law.
A study suggesting that e-cigarettes double the risk of a heart attack ignored crucial information on timing.