Today is Barack Obama's last full day as president. Donald Trump will be inaugurated tomorrow.
- "Washington will turn into a virtual fortress ahead of Donald Trump's presidential inauguration on Friday as the U.S. capital braces for more than a quarter-million protesters expected during the Republican's swearing-in."
- Confirmation hearings begin today for former Texas Gov. Rick Perry, Trump's nominee to head the Department of Energy.
- Former President George H.W. Bush is reportedly in "stable condition" in the intensive care unit at Houston Methodist Hospital.
- At least 30 people are missing after an avalanche buried a hotel in the Abruzzo region of central Italy.
- At least 50 firefighters have died battling a massive fire at a high-rise building in Tehran, Iran.
It took a jury 26 minutes to decide that Jonathan Vanderhagen wasn't guilty.
A court ruled that officers did not have enough information to know whether or not stealing violates the Constitution.
Jonathan Vanderhagen believes a judge doomed his son to an early death. The judge says Vanderhagen's Facebook posts were intimidating.
Appeals Court Rejects Qualified Immunity Claim by Dallas Transit Cop Who Arrested a Photographer for Taking Pictures
Officer Stephanie Branch arrested Avi Adelman for criminal trespass even though he was not doing anything illegal.