Secretary of Education nominee Betsy DeVos was asked by Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) if she thought her wealth and donations to the Republican Party are the reasons she was nominated.
- DeVos gave Sanders a zinger of her own, by reminding him that regarding his call for tuition-free college, "there's nothing in life that's truly free."
- She also suggested that guns might be necessary in schools because of the threat posed by bears.
- WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange pledged to turn himself in if Chelsea Manning was granted clemency. Will he make good on his promise?
- Former President George H.W. Bush has been hospitalized with breathing problems.
- Russian President Vladimir Putin calls those who disseminate "fake news" about President-elect Trump are "worse than prostitutes."
- This year's inductees into the Baseball Hall of Fame will be announced today.
Fairfax County, Virginia, allows home businesses but prohibits them from keeping inventory on site.
The democratic socialist congresswoman has lamented that the public-school system hinges on zip codes.
In one month, two sheriff's deputies in Florida have been arrested for fabricating drug evidence during traffic stops.
One of the officers was fired after arresting two six-year-olds in one day.