President-Elect Donald Trump tweeted that America should expand its nuke program until the rest of the world "comes to its senses" on nuclear weapons.
- Ivanka Trump was harassed by a passenger on a JetBlue flight. The passenger was booted off after apparently yelling at her that her father was "ruining the country."
- When a black church in Mississippi was burned in November, people believed/assumed it was a hate crime. Now authorities have arrested a parishoner they accuse of setting it.
- Florida's Supreme Court ruled today that more than 200 people on death row were given unconstitutional sentences. This is a result of a previous U.S. Supreme Court decision that declared the way the state implemented the death penalty was unconstitutional.
- German authorities are searching properties connected to Tunisian Anis Anri, their suspect in the deadly truck crash attack in Berlin. His fingerprints were found on the truck.
- Carl Icahn will be Trump's adviser for overhauling regulations. RNC spokesman Sean Spicer will be Trump's press secretary.
- The Syrian military claims the last of the rebels are gone from Aleppo and they've fully recaptured the city.
Sex offender registries are cruel and unjust.
Critics say the long-running satiric cartoon has created "a generation of boys" who are smug and disengaged.
Plus: Virginia's assault weapon ban gets shot down, Trump's tariffs face new legal scrutiny, and why you don't want Amy Klobuchar on your bar trivia team
American Heart Association Journal Finally Retracts Study Implying That E-Cigarettes Cause Heart Attacks Before People Use Them
The journal's editors recognized the problem before publication, but the authors failed to address it.