Fighting and bombing are still underway in Aleppo, despite a supposed cease-fire deal that was to allow civilians to get out of the besieged Syrian city. Syrian President Bashar Assad claimed the case-fire was wanted by western countries to save "the terrorists."
- Ohio Gov. John Kasich has vetoed a bill that would ban abortion just a few weeks post-conception but approved a 20-week abortion ban.
- According to a new national study, marijuana use is down among eighth- and 10th-graders and while it rose slightly among 12th-graders, it was still less common than in 2012.
- The Oklahoma Supreme Court struck down a state law passed in 2014 that would have required abortion-clinic doctors to have admitting privileges at a nearby hostpital.
- At least a dozen more men have been charged with promoting prostitution for posting to Seattle-area escort forum The Review Board.
- Stanford University has filed a 29-page response to a lawsuit brought by a female student who says the school mishandled sexual assault cases by not pursuing and punishing an alleged assailant when the victim didn't want to and wouldn't cooperate.
- Peter Suderman reviews La La Land at Vox.
Woman Sentenced to 12 Years in Prison for Selling $31 of Marijuana Lands Back in Jail for Court Fees
Fines continued to pile up for almost a decade.
Comedy, meet cancel culture
Plus: Attacks on Saudi Arabia unlikely to raise U.S. oil prices
Brett Kavanaugh Faces a New Accusation in The New York Times, but the Alleged Victim Didn't Confirm It
Plus: Andrew Yang opts out of cancel culture, Andrew Cuomo wants to crack down on flavored e-cigarettes, and more...
Ontario has lost millions trying to sell cannabis.