President-elect Donald Trump will remain executive producer on Celebrity Apprentice.
- In Amsterdam, lawmaker Geert Wilders was found guilty of "of insulting and inciting discrimination against Moroccans," which he called an attack on free speech. The judge decided not to actually impose a sentence.
- An Alabama inmate heaved and coughed for about 13 minutes during an execution by lethal injection process that lasted more than 30 minutes, according to witnesses.
- Japan has ratified the Trans-Pacific Partnership trade agreement.
- They're trying to sell us all on this whole "Polar Vortex" thing again. Don't fall for it! We don't need new "scary" terms for everything!
- Some east coast Senate Democrats are threatening a government shutdown over an extension of health benefits for coal miners not making it into the funding bill.
The former vice president's vision of an all-powerful government goes far beyond massive spending and tax hikes.
The Supreme Court weighs police shootings and unreasonable seizures in Torres v. Madrid.
Who could have predicted that intolerable rules won’t be tolerated?
Lawmakers are bribing citizens with a tiny tax break in exchange for the power to jack up income tax rates down the line.