President-elect Donald Trump will remain executive producer on Celebrity Apprentice.
- In Amsterdam, lawmaker Geert Wilders was found guilty of "of insulting and inciting discrimination against Moroccans," which he called an attack on free speech. The judge decided not to actually impose a sentence.
- An Alabama inmate heaved and coughed for about 13 minutes during an execution by lethal injection process that lasted more than 30 minutes, according to witnesses.
- Japan has ratified the Trans-Pacific Partnership trade agreement.
- They're trying to sell us all on this whole "Polar Vortex" thing again. Don't fall for it! We don't need new "scary" terms for everything!
- Some east coast Senate Democrats are threatening a government shutdown over an extension of health benefits for coal miners not making it into the funding bill.