Donald Trump settled a fraud lawsuit over Trump University for $25 million. Trump met with Gen. James Mattis, who is being considered for defense secretary, and with Mitt Romney, reportedly being considered for secretary of state. Barack Obama says he'll give Trump a chance, even if he attacks his legacy. Melania Trump won't move into the White House until the end of Barron's school year.
- Members of the alt-right held their first post-election convention in Washington, D.C.
- Police in North Dakota used water cannons in freezing weather against protesters they accused of an "ongoing riot."
- A police officer in San Antonio was shot and killed while writing a parking ticket in his patrol car, while a cop in St. Louis shot in his patrol car is in critical condition. Both suspects are at-large.
- Angela Merkel announced she would seek a fourth term as Germany's chancellor.
- Former France President Nicolas Sarkozy lost his bid to be nominated for president once more. Marine Le Pen is leading in early polling for the 2017 election.
- Kanye West said he was on his "Trump shit" at his latest concert, going into a rant about pay-to-play radio, Hillary Clinton, and Beyonce and Jay-Z, before cutting the performance short.
'Everything Has Been Criminalized,' Says Neil Gorsuch as He Pushes for Stronger Fourth Amendment Protections
The justice weighs in during oral arguments in Lange v. California.
Sandy Martinez says that fine, along with another $63,500 for driveway cracks and a downed fence, violates Florida's constitution.
SCOTUS Rules Against an Innocent Man Who Was Choked and Beaten by Cops, but He May Still Get His Day in Court
The justices did not address one of James King's key arguments, which the 6th Circuit will now consider.
The proposed bill from Assembly Members Evan Low and Cristina Garcia would require stores to have one unisex section for children's products and apparel.
Plus: The Republican Civil War has ended before it began, Mr. Potato Head rage is misplaced, and more...