Donald Trump settled a fraud lawsuit over Trump University for $25 million. Trump met with Gen. James Mattis, who is being considered for defense secretary, and with Mitt Romney, reportedly being considered for secretary of state. Barack Obama says he'll give Trump a chance, even if he attacks his legacy. Melania Trump won't move into the White House until the end of Barron's school year.
- Members of the alt-right held their first post-election convention in Washington, D.C.
- Police in North Dakota used water cannons in freezing weather against protesters they accused of an "ongoing riot."
- A police officer in San Antonio was shot and killed while writing a parking ticket in his patrol car, while a cop in St. Louis shot in his patrol car is in critical condition. Both suspects are at-large.
- Angela Merkel announced she would seek a fourth term as Germany's chancellor.
- Former France President Nicolas Sarkozy lost his bid to be nominated for president once more. Marine Le Pen is leading in early polling for the 2017 election.
- Kanye West said he was on his "Trump shit" at his latest concert, going into a rant about pay-to-play radio, Hillary Clinton, and Beyonce and Jay-Z, before cutting the performance short.
Reason's Annual Webathon is underway! Donate today to see your name here.
Reason is supported by: