Today is election day.
- Hillary Clinton leads Donald Trump in the polls.
- "7 scenarios for how election night might play out."
- Among journalists, 96 percent of campaign contributions have gone to Hillary Clinton.
- A Baton Rouge, Louisiana, police officer is suing Black Lives Matter activist DeRay Mckesson for "inciting violence."
- Five alleged ISIS members have been arrested in Germany.
- "Scotland's top law officer is to apply to the Supreme Court to intervene against the UK Government as it seeks to overturn a court ruling on the triggering of Brexit, First Minister Nicola Sturgeon has announced."
Simply put: Republicans agree not to vote on a replacement for Ginsburg until January; Democrats agree not to pack the Court.
USA Today Op ed Making the Case for Abolishing the Constitutional Requirement that the President Must be a "Natural Born" Citizen
I coauthored it with Harvard Law School Professor Randall Kennedy.
If only that signaled a broader respect for legal limits on executive power.
Democrats Scuttle Marijuana Decriminalization Vote Over Fears of Not Being Deferential Enough to Cop Lobbyists
If Congress is too afraid to vote on marijuana reform, how the hell are they ever going to pass policing reform?