- Iceland may soon be ruled by a radical melee of "anarchists, hackers, libertarians and Web geeks" who are calling themselves the Pirate Party.
- Top Hillary Clinton campaign staffer Neera Tanden suggested in a now-leaked email that Clinton's aides used private email servers because "they wanted to get away with it."
- Joe Arpaio, sheriff of Maricopa County, Arizona, has been charged with contempt-of-court for refusing to stop immigration patrols after being ordered by a judge to do so. "We believe that when the final chapter is written, he will be vindicated," Arpaio's lawyer told AP.
- The Libertarian Party of Colorado's communications director has filed a lawsuit challenging the state's ban on taking ballot selfies.
- A new study from the World Economic Forum claims that globally, woman work an average of 50 minutes more per day or 39 more days per year than men do.
- A federal jury has reached a partial verdict in the case of brothers Ammon and Ryan Bundy and the five others who took over a public wildlife sanctuary building last January. But a note sent to the judge indicated that the jury could agree about only three of the seven defendants.
- Maryland lawyer Patrick Moran, an assistant state's attorney assigned to Baltimore's juvenile division, has been charged with possession of child pornography, making him at least the third U.S. law-enforcement officer charged for child porn this week
- The Washington Post calls false on the much-repeated statement that one in three women will have an abortion.
- The Obama administration is calling for a ban on non-compete agreements.
Indiana Said the Government Should Be Able To Take Everything You Own if You Commit a Drug Crime. The State Supreme Court Wasn't Having It.
After eight years, Tyson Timbs finally gets to keep his Land Rover—once and for all.
Arkansas cops love this insane practice they call "precision immobilization technique"—slamming into moving vehicles, sometimes over simple traffic stops.
The FBI Returned This Innocent Couple's Safe Deposit Box. It Refuses To Give Back Many Others—and Is Trying To Seize $85 Million in Cash.
"It makes me feel like the government is preying on the vulnerable and the weak to line their own pockets."
Over 24 Cops Raided the Wrong Address and Wrecked an Elderly Man's Home. They All Got Qualified Immunity.
There will be no justice for Onree Norris.
Why is it so hard for him to just admit he was wrong?