Florida Gov. Rick Scott is telling residents in the areas of Florida being evacuated due to Hurricane Matthew (all 1.5 million of them) to get the heck out of there. The eye of the storm is expected to hit the coast Friday morning. The death toll in Haiti over the hurricane is greater than 100.
- House Speaker Paul Ryan will finally start campaigning for Donald Trump this weekend. Meanwhile a pack of former GOP lawmakers signed a letter rejecting Trump.
- Scandal-tainted blood-testing company Theranos is closing all its labs and eliminating 40 percent of its staff.
- There are plans under consideration in the United Kingdom to force all businesses there to list all foreign workers they employ or do business with.
- This is what gets reported out of debates when Californians are left with two Democrats to choose from for a Senate seat. (Hint: It's not about policy)
- Twitter's stock values plunged after sources indicated that several major companies, like Apple, Google, and Disney, were not interested in purchasing the social media service.
Arkansas cops love this insane practice they call "precision immobilization technique"—slamming into moving vehicles, sometimes over simple traffic stops.
Indiana Said the Government Should Be Able To Take Everything You Own if You Commit a Drug Crime. The State Supreme Court Wasn't Having It.
After eight years, Tyson Timbs finally gets to keep his Land Rover—once and for all.
The FBI Returned This Innocent Couple's Safe Deposit Box. It Refuses To Give Back Many Others—and Is Trying To Seize $85 Million in Cash.
"It makes me feel like the government is preying on the vulnerable and the weak to line their own pockets."
Over 24 Cops Raided the Wrong Address and Wrecked an Elderly Man's Home. They All Got Qualified Immunity.
There will be no justice for Onree Norris.
Why is it so hard for him to just admit he was wrong?